SINGAPORE, 16 May 2018…, Her Times “Women Empowerment Awards” 2018 was presented to 11 outstanding women who made great contributions to businesses, community, women empowerment movements and Singapore-Indonesia bilateral relations in both countries. Kartini Muljadi SH, Founder of law firm Kartini Muljadi & Rekan, won the “Her Times Achievement Award” under “Women Empowerment Awards”.
With 15 years served as a Judge of the Special District Court in Jakarta, and another 17years practiced as an Indonesian Notary Public for the jurisdiction of the Jakarta province, Kartini Muljadi is an veteran lawyer and established the reputation in law industry. In 1990, she founded the law firm Kartini Muljadi & Rekan and has been the Senior Partner of the firm since then.
She is independent, courageous and determined person, persistent and steady in achieving her objectives. In 2004 she was awarded the Capital Market Lifetime Achievement Award by the President of the Republic of Indonesia. She was a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Indonesia from 2002 to 2006, and was the Chairperson of such board from 2004 to 2006; She has served as a member of the Central Board of the Indonesian Red Cross; and currently she is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Yayasan Kesehatan Sumber Waras, which foundation owns and manages the Sumber Waras Hospital in Jakarta. The Sumber Waras Hospital is also the teaching hospital respectively for the University of Indonesia and the University of Taruma Negara.
The awards ceremony cum gala dinner was held on 16th May 2018, at Mandarin Orchard Hotel Singapore. The Guest of Honor is H.E. Ngurah Swajaya, the Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Singapore.
H.E. Ngurah Swajaya emphasised, “the roles of women in the new era of the so called ‘disruptive economy’ present us with both challenges and potentials, and we should join hand to ensure that all will get the benefit.”
The objective of Her Times Women Empowerment is to promote Women in leadership. Annie Song, the Editor-in-Chief of Her Times, shared her thoughts on this year’s event. First, there are more young candidates getting nominated; Second, the winners of philanthropy category have a large following so that they have X factor to raise the awareness of women empowerment. Third, we also have nominees who have balanced work and families very well. This is the unique power given to women, to keep Harmony in the family, community and country.
Her Times “Women Empowerment Awards” aims to honour outstanding women and their enterprises for their contributions to Singapore-Indonesia relations as well as promoting exchanges in the fields of economy, businesses, education, arts and culture in both countries.
The nominees were judged by an independent panel consisting of representatives from women’s associations, professional bodies, authorities and media in both countries.
- Michael Goutama, Chairman, Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Singapore Committee (KADIN Indonesia)
- Candra Darusman, Deputy Director, World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Regional Office in ASEAN
- Erick Thohir, President, Indonesian Olympic Committee (KOI)
- Max Loh, Country Managing Partner, Singapore; Regional Managing Partner, ASEAN, Ernst & Young LLP
- June Goh, President, Singapore Council of Women’s Organisations (SCWO)
- Hwang Yee Cheau, Chairperson, Career Women Group, Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce –(SCCCI-CWG)
- Kris Wiluan, Chairman, Citramas Group
- Anita Chairul Tanjung, Founder, CT ARSA Foundation, Indonesia
- Annie Song, Editor-in-Chief, Her Times, Singapore
The list of the Winners in “Her Times Women Empowerment Awards” 2018
- Kartini Muljadi SH, HER TIMES Achievement Award
- Laura Hwang, HER TIMES Achievement Award
- Tanya Chua Chian Ya, HER TIMES Philanthropy Award
- GKR Mangkubumi, HER TIMES Philanthropy Award
- Tan Su Shan, HER TIMES Excellence Award
- Murti Bunanta, HER TIMES Excellence Award
- Maggie Zhu Shengqin, HER TIMES, Entrepreneur Award
- Cherie Nursalim, HER TIMES Entrepreneur Award
- TAO LI, HER TIMES Youth Award
- Heni Sri Sundani, HER TIMES Youth Award
- LESTARY LUHUR, HER TIMES Woman of the Year
About ‘Her Times Women Empowerment Awards’
With successfully kicking-off of Rising 50’s “Women Empowerment Awards” 2017 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Singapore and Indonesia, Her Times “Women Empowerment Awards” is continuing to honour business & professional women, female entrepreneurs for their outstanding leadership, as well as contributions to Singapore-Indonesia relations. This Awards ceremony is presented by Her Times and supported by the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Singapore.
Ms Kartini Muljadi SH (Middle) receiving trophy and certificate of “Her Times Women Empowerment Awards” from H.E. Ngurah Swajaya, the Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Singapore(Left) and Annie Song, the Editor-in-Chief of Her Times.
Ms Kartini Muljadi SH is delivering a speech when receiving the “Her Times Women Empowerment Awards”.
Ms Kartini Muljadi SH had a pre celebration of her birthday on 16 May.
Group Photo taking of “Her Times Women Empowerment Awards” 2018